Make the Club Better!

How much money to spend on making the club better?

• 25-75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 76-125

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Member or not please feel free to post here... What would you like the club to do with its money to make it better or what could possibly make the club more interesting to you.

Please vote on the amount of money you think we should spend and what do you think we should spend it on.

Brandon

I say we spend between $100 and $150. but I guess alot has to due with what we decide to do with it? Some ideas in the past were to buy some equipment everyone could use at some point but isnt something one person could justify spending money on, like glass drill bits, library, par meter. I would say buy a nice coral to frag for everyone but that doesnt really help the club. We could look into buying some club shirts? I dont know, lets see what other people come up with.

I like the idea of the shirts and the dvd's. Also the idea of buying a coral and fragging it would be cool but it would be hard to find something that everyone wanted. I'll try to think it about and get back to this thread this weekend.

If anyone ever needs it, I already have the large UV... well, it's an Emperor Aquatics 18 Watt pond sterilizer, but should be big enough for most...

I like the idea of shirts and DVD's.

Side note: I do a connection here at work concerning the imbroidery of shirts. Let me know if you'd like for me to get a quote. I would need some graphics first though.

I think that we should get shirts, but personally think that club money shouldn't go towards clothing its members.

If there is an initial cost in setting up a screen, logo, etc then I feel that would be more appropiate for the club funds, but the individual shirts should probably be purchased by the individuals.

I think things that stay around even after we are all long gone from the club would be best. ex. Library, tools, Media, etc

Again just my thoughts.
Brandon

Just out of curiosity and somewhat off topic, has anyone with the gabbing gift thought of promoting the club some more? Seems as though this sort of thing would be right up Jeff Stile's alley on Fred the Show... could help raise awareness... and more members = more money... more money = more things we are able to do for the members... the more things we do for the members = happy members... happy members = more members... yada yada yada.

I agree Brandon. I didn't mean to imply we buy the shirts from fund money. Sorry if it came across that way. The bad thing about the books and DVD library is the distance some of us would have to drive to access these items. I do think advertising would be good. MAybe run the meetings in the paper a couple times per month. Advertising really isn't needed though unless we are having an event like our frag swap though. I would bet that the frag swap was a huge advertisement for us. It seems everyone really enjoyed it and will be spreading that fact via word of mouth.

OK... maybe I came across the wrong way. I didn't mean advertise. I meant just the opportunity for someone to be a guest on Fred The Show to explain what we are about. Most everyone here I know propogates or buys propogated rather than buying harvested, it's simple conservation. Jeff is into that sort of thing. I think it would not only raise awareness about the club, but also let some reef tank owners there are other options.

Thanks for all the ideas.. Anyone else?

Anthony the library thing I figured would be for a period of a month... from one meeting to the next.

Just a thought...

Items are being ordered based on the converations from the last meeting.

If you are a club member and didn't make the meeting please feel free to weigh in (before tonight) in the private club forums.

Brandon

Back