lights

T5 or MH. Compact fluorescents don't even compare. CFs are really only ever used anymore on really small tanks, it seems.

Get an 8 bulb T5 if you can afford it. You will possibly regret a small size fixture once you decide on keeping some light intensive corals. Halides would be even better!

Not enough for a 90 gallon tank. For a 90 you will need either a 6 bulb T5 setup with individual reflectors, or an 8 bulb setup without individual reflectors.

I just bought lights for my 90. I bought the Nova Extreme Pros (6 bulbs with IRs).

my plan is to use my CF until the spare bulbs run out-at that point i will get another of these---think that will work?

I just looked at the ebay posting for these lights and I like the price. Would these be okay for my 55 gal? I didn't see the manufacturers name listed though. Anyone familiar with this ebay seller? Any comments/warnings?

I just looked at the ebay posting for these lights and I like the price. Would these be okay for my 55 gal? I didn't see the manufacturers name listed though. Anyone familiar with this ebay seller? Any comments/warnings?

Those would be okay for a 55 gallon tank. I used a 4 bulb T5 setup over my old 55 gallon tank and was able to keep even SPS, anemones and clams. Buying a setup of a known (and trusted) brand would be better, I think, but if the price is right, I'd go for these ones too if I had a smaller tank. Buying a T5 setup with individual reflectors would be better, but these lights will work fine for a 55.

Back