Lighting

Interesting thread, as I'm considering upgrading my nova extremes, for nova extreme pros or Teks, we'll see if I can find any deals in Detroit

great i just now realized the nova pro 6 bulb individual reflector doesnt have lunar lights..so what do i do? go with a 4 bulb nova extreme buy 2 individual reflectors and try and get good lighting that way? or is lunar lighting not that important? maybe i can find an after market kit? These novas seem to be the best bang for the buck...
what do yall think?

~semper fi~

I've seen several posts about adding the lunar lights yourself. It doesn't sound difficult at all.

And regarding the shimmering, I have MH lights and don't care one way or the other about it. Just a personal opinion, but you wouldn't really miss much if you didn't have shimmering.

Thats not a bad price on those LEDS.If you really like the shimmer and are willing to pay extra,then I'd say go for it.
But moon lights aint that big a deal.Fish and coral dont care if your tanks got a moon cycle because theres no difference in tide with in a tank.They just look nice at night.But their also not that hard to build.

yeah current usa got add on led for lunar lights...just gonna go with the nova pro and then add the lunar led...no sure about the powerbrite led for a shimmer...and dont want the tank to look goofy with light sticking out here or there...

I get a slight shimmer up high on the rocks with my T-5s.Just not down deep.But I may just give those shimmer LEDs a try when I start my 125 build.

I bought four of them lunar lights and put them on a piece of pvc and hung them from plastic hooks and hung then in the canopy.

Back