Lighting question

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
Hi
we are planning on building a reef tank thats going to be 96x22x18.https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/images/smilies/yellowbounce.gif
I would like to have 2 sets of lighting instead of 1 big long light. We are thinking of going with T5 HO. Because of heat issues. I was wondering which ones and if its a good idea. If I'm right I think it will be 165 gal. Also wondering where would be the best place to get the lights at. Plan on posting pic's when we start:D
Thanks for any help
Rose

well its good that you decided to go with two sets instead of one since you would have a VERY hard time finding a 96" light fixture, nova extreme pro's, current are some good ones

Check out some of the T-5 retro kits Zippy.They are usually cheaper than the fixtures,and you can install them in the canopy,the way you want them.

Check out some of the T-5 retro kits Zippy.They are usually cheaper than the fixtures,and you can install them in the canopy,the way you want them.

Are they pretty easy to put together? I'll check them out, any where ? Like Dr foster and smith? any other places to check them out at? How many watts would you think I would need for this tank?
Thanks

Back