Leslee's 29gal

Leslee you do know that blue fish with the white markings is going to get pretty big and mean very mean (Its call a velvit or javanees Damsil) we had one and it was sooo huge and aggresive.:bowdown:

Leslee you do know that blue fish with the white markings is going to get pretty big and mean very mean (Its call a velvit or javanees Damsil) we had one and it was sooo huge and aggresive.:bowdown:

Yea that guy is gone. I had 3 of them when I started my tank and took them back to the LFS when I got the clowns. They just look like mean fish!

With Margarita being missing this long,I'd say she's gone.
But I highly doubt that you'd find the body in the sand.The bristle worms will have already taken care of that.

Well that makes me sad! RIP Margarita! That is my first fish I have lost in this tank and I have had it for 7 months!!!

So if I were to take all of the rocks out, and reaquascape am I going to cause any harm? I plan on taking the fish out too so they wont get hurt? I want to get more live rock and reaquascape. Might get a few pieces of dead rock too to bulk it up.

Also, I never put a back on this tank. How hard is it going to be to do this?

Oh and another question! I have 3 HOB filters that are really for fresh water and I started with them only because I wasnt sure how this would all go over for me! Well I would love to upgrade them. I am not sure I even understand the whole concept of anyone elses filters on here. Can anyone please tell me of any good websites to research about filters or give me a little filters for newbies lesson? I just want to find the healthiest options and I know if I ask at fish stores the healthiest option to them is also the most expensive one, not always the best one!

So if I were to take all of the rocks out, and reaquascape am I going to cause any harm? I plan on taking the fish out too so they wont get hurt? I want to get more live rock and reaquascape. Might get a few pieces of dead rock too to bulk it up.

Also, I never put a back on this tank. How hard is it going to be to do this?

that COULD kick off what we call a mini-cycle.Theres a lot of detritus and crud that will build up in the sand,that if disturbed could result in ammonia and nitrites climbing.
You just have to be extremely careful abut not disturbing the sandbed.

Oh and another question! I have 3 HOB filters that are really for fresh water and I started with them only because I wasnt sure how this would all go over for me! Well I would love to upgrade them. I am not sure I even understand the whole concept of anyone elses filters on here. Can anyone please tell me of any good websites to research about filters or give me a little filters for newbies lesson? I just want to find the healthiest options and I know if I ask at fish stores the healthiest option to them is also the most expensive one, not always the best one!

For that one,Take a look through the DIY forum here Do It Yourself (DIY)

Along with this one.Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment

A better option than HOB filters is a protein skimmer. The combination of live rock and a protein skimmer is probably the most powerful filtration system in this hobby. Beware of cheap brands that are known to be pieces of crap: SeaClone and Red Sea Prizm.

The HOB filters will work as long as you are good about keeping them clean (they should be cleaned thoroughly about once a week), but that gets tiring real fast, and if you slack your nitrates will spike, and once they go up, it's really hard to get them back down.

From the looks of your 22 gal, you may want to level it, it looks a litle off. It might just be the pic though. If it is unlevel, it will put extra stress on one of the panels and increase your risk of a seam leak. JMO.

Thanks guys! It is Level now. I noticed it a little while ago and shoved some shims under it! Looks MUCH better now! I never thought about it not being level would make the seals have to take more pressure but that completely makes sense, just never thought of it that way!

Its definely a lesson that you don't want to learn the hard way. Good luck with your tank.

Thanks!

I have experienced a fish tank miracle! Margarita is alive! I saw her today! I fed them as soon as I saw her!

I had officially lost hope this past monday. I took every single rock out and reaquascaped and added more rock to the tank and I didn't see her then! I know I owe pics of the new aquascaping but I am going to be getting some more live rock soon to fill in the spaces and then I will post pics!

I am just so happy to see Margarita!!!

Back