Just a thought

Tanner

Tanerious Swimeroundus
I may get yelled at for this, as I have been buy the dude at the LFS.But I will understand so no hurt feelings will be the outcome:).

Alright so I understand it is bad to use tapwater for your marine tank because of all the chemicals added and fertilizers that get washed into the water.

BUT I live like way out in the country, and I have a well, which is where we get are water from. So wouldn't that water beokay to use? Because yenno' I dont add chems to my well?

Im not getting into this one cause i use tapwater:shock: with a filter on it, and i use rodi water when im not to lazy:frustrat: to go to the store to get it

oh, but i mean like. K i have a well which gives water to my house through the pipes and whatnot. but i also have an OLD well like literally dug, with a barrel. and you pull it by hand, would those metals still be in the water? I would have thot the metals come from the pipes

That is a huge debate that has been going on here for a long long time. People heve been banned for argueing this topic:mrgreen:

No no, Im not arguing, just wondering :). These guys know there stuff so, I will trust them, just throwing differnet ideas out, I have a water dispenser built into my fridge with a filter on it, would that work maybe ? :S lol

Im not saying your argueing or gonna be banned but it is a hotly debated topic on here. Some people will say its ok but others will swear that you need to use rodi water. i wont opinion in either direction

I am actually not sure about that one Biffer, I will find out. What do you think about that filter on my fridge idea lmao :)

that water still has to travel from somewere in the ground and it picks up all kinds of crap along the way where do we get heavy metals from? the ground. the same place we get water from. i used tap water for my old tank when i first started and i had a ton of problems with alage and trying to keep corals until i changes to ro/di water. your well water is going to be safer than city water well usually but the only way is to have the water tested for everything that is in it.

Oh, well i guess ill just pick up a RODI then. Or yenno, guilt my brother into buying me one as a late christmas present. :D

i got mine from purewaterclub,com they are a cheaper than other places i got mine for 130 but it is a duel output with a pressure tank and biffs was under a 100 shipped i think

Tanner,Have you parents take a water sample to your local water company and get the to test it.They can you exactly whats in your well water.
Also,if you live in a house thats more than 8 years old,the plumbing is most likely copper.

I resisted getting a RODI for a year because it was always more fun to spend my money on tank stuff than boring stuff like a water purifier. My husband got me one for my birthday in October and it is sooooo wonderful. I wish I had done this earlier! Got mine from Pure Water Club.

Catherine

Back