Jet Placement

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
I have a 90 gallon that I switched from FOWLR to Reef. So far I have about 5 or so corals. My problem is, my jets are making too much movement. My Torch is not happy. I have moved him to 4 different spots in the tank. He just keeps looking sad. Where should I put the jets to get a good flow ? I have 4- 900 gph jets. And where should the output tubes face ? They are long and can move to any position.

Most people point them upwards, so that it creates movement at the surface. You can point them wherever it works for your tank -- every tank is going to be different.

Seems like I'm getting more turbulence than a good flow. I keep moving them, but still can't get a flow. More like a cyclone in there...

I shut one off. I moved the Torch, yet again.... We'll see how this goes. He's not looking too good right now. Hope he comes back to looking like he did when I bought him..

Well, it's in a low flow area now. Have the one jet off. It still ain't looking too good. Not all of it's polyps are out. I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. Thanks...

Back