how long before first fish?????

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
ok so the tank is cycling

how long minimum before putting in a few chromis to get the action started??

how long before trying some more tolerant corals???

I would wait until the end of the cycle to add anything. wait for those nitrates to hit 0. I added some mushrooms and Zoos a few weeks after my tank had cycled. and you'll want a good cleaner crew once the cycle is over.

Wait until ammonia and nitrites both are at zero. Then do a water change or two to get nitrates below 20, but as close to zero as possible is best. Start with one or two fish, and after that, add one fish at a time, wait 2 or 3 weeks before adding another fish.

As for corals, you can start with easy corals about a month after the tank is done cycling. At least, that's what I would do.

patience my friend youll be mad at the hobby and is extremely demoralizing if you kill a coral 2 months in. Id say add your fish 1 at a time and wait 2 weeks after cycle. To add corals one at a time. start with somthing hardy like brain corals or GSP.

Like some have said have patience you will get there. I had a good piece of advice given to me when I started. The advice is that you are suppose to test your water quality daily when you first set it up and when your tank gets done cycling and you will know that by the tests, wait two weeks afters that point and add one fish. make sure that you get a cleaner crew when the cycle ends as well. Make sure that you take time in between each fish that you add as to not overdo the tank. The corals I would wait at least a month after your tank has cycled.

Back