Eric's 90g AGA Build

Other pictures from today.... this thing keeps getting bigger and bigger! Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

ATM Im acclimating a yellow clown goby and a six line wrasse I just got.

That anemone is so beautiful and it's so big you are definitely gonna need to make more room for it lol.

Time for an update!

Haven't added much to the tank since I was getting all parameters in check but over the past weeks I added a few corals:

Red Cap

Frogspawn

Fire Lamalosa

Neon green candy cane

Apple green cap

The Carpet anemone I purchased a few weeks ago turned out to be too big for my tank and ate one of my fish and killed another so it had to go. I put it for sale on reef central and got an interesting offer from Dave "Dog boy Dave"

He offer me a trade for the anemone, he said if I would drive the anemone up to Tallahassee in a cooler he would fill the cooler with SPS frags. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to make the 12 hour trip but after seeing pictures of his tank I decided to make the trip. Long story short I left yesterday at 4am and got back home at 8pm. His tank was even more amazing in person than in the pictures I saw. I took a few shots of the back side of the tank (forgot to take pictures of the front side, too busy picking out corals
laugh.gif
)

Some info on his tank and equipment.

Display tank: 60"Lx48"Wx26"H Drilled for a closed loop.

Lighting: 4x blue & white diy led fixtures and 4x Full spectrum Evergrow D120 (he has been running the LED's for about 6 months, he previously had MH)

Dosing: Calcium Reactor

Filtration: Skimmer (don't remember the brand) and a DSB. The main tank is plumbed to a large shallow tank in the garage where the DSB is. I believe the tank measures 8 or 10 feet long by 4 feet wide. A portion of that tank is where the DBS is located.

I was amazed at how he has been able to maintain this tank which such minimal equipment and dosing. Truly amazing.
I came back with 22 frags and I will post some pictures later.

Last edited:
Temp acclimating last night

Last night after mounting some of the frags on rubble

Pictures from this morning

How long have you had them? Only 2 powerheads? Are you able to get flow all throughout the tank?

How long have you had them? Only 2 powerheads? Are you able to get flow all throughout the tank?

For about 4 months and yea those little pumps have awesome flow and I have them in the else mode which is random mode so it switches speed and pattern every so often.

Awesome. I might try one out. But I've been reading that the life spans aren't so great. Thoughts on this?

Awesome. I might try one out. But I've been reading that the life spans aren't so great. Thoughts on this?

People had issues when they were first released but I personally know people who still have the fist ones that came out and they are running with no issues. There's a lot of hate on these pumps but I love them and you can't beat the price. There isn't another powerhead at this price range that has all the features of the Jebao pumps.

Back