Dry rock

I'll take some photos when I'm setting it up. I don't like the stand I have. It's not big enough to put the sump underneath. I was going to put it next to the tank so I could set it up, but I decided it would be best to build a stand that would have everything underneath. I found a place for live rock though that I can drive to get some....http://www.reefsystems.com/index.php....has anyone ever dealt with them? It's about 2 hours from where I live.

I just recieved my rocks from Marco Rocks....These rocks are outstanding...I must thank everyone for recommending them. I took some pics and will post as soon as I find my freakin' cable to download the pics.....thanks everyone.

I am also thinking of ordering dry rock from there as well. Also how long does it normally take for the dry rock to become seeded and live?

I found the cable....here's a couple of pics of my Marco rocks

Attachments

• 03172010 039.webp
    03172010 039.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 03172010 034.webp
    03172010 034.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 03172010 038.webp
    03172010 038.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 168
I understand why this is called a "build" now. It takes time and dedication to do it right, and it comes out as individual as the person doing it. Now it's on to the stand to house the aquarium and sump. That will take a couple of weeks to build.

I've been to the Petsmart here...they don't really have very much...you must have a better one. The pet supply plus has some good looking lava rock....BIG pieces.

Here's some rock I bought on ebay from bulk reef supply...I paid 14 bucks for it and 10 bucks shipping...it's about 12 lbs...it was an auction. you can buy it now for 26 bucks.

Back