Coral Weirdness

I will move the Ric into the light and see if it colors up at all. I was a bit "hidden". I would love it to be a yuma, they get much bigger than the florida rics. As for the plankton, I was talking about the big ones, not the tiny ones. San Francisco makes plankton that is bigger than mysis shrimp for carnivores and that is what I target feed my coral.

-Doc

The thing in the pic is not a Ricordea, It's a Yuma. I have a Rock of them I frag off all the time. They are simular to Ricordea, but the are bubbled ( like pimples ) rathe than flat like Ricordea.

Yuma is a type of ricordea.

There are two species of ricordea: Ricordea yuma and Ricordea florida. Floridas are smaller and more colorful, and usually a lot more expensive than the Yumas.

Hey Doc, what is the green film with bubbles? Could you have a slight dino problem? That could cause some problems? Or is it just the light?

What has me really weirded out is this thing where a trumpet head used to be. Almost looks like a bizarre ricordia from hell. Ideas? disease? this coral as been going downhill lately and if it is a disease, I will toss it. Help?

PB180004-1.jpg

PB180007-1.jpg

I hoped to save it because the blue color is really striking. No idea what this is though.

-Doc

Yuma is a type of ricordea.

There are two species of ricordea: Ricordea yuma and Ricordea florida. Floridas are smaller and more colorful, and usually a lot more expensive than the Yumas.

Oh, see you learn something new every day. I didn't know that, I thought they were 2 different things.:D

Back