Clown Bullying

Banana Man

Reefing newb
Anyone know how long the Clown Bullying goes on for before they figure out who's going to wear the trousers? I have one Clown that is a fair bit bigger than the other and it's harassing the small guy alot this week. I thought the smaller one had been killed today because i couldn't see him anywhere but eventually found him hiding behind some rocks in a tiny little space trying to keep his distance.

Thanks

For me, in my 14 gallon it was pretty bad for a while, I couldn't watch it anymore and took the bully up to my LFS to give him away. The other one died a day or so later, I think he was just too weak at that point.
I'll never try to have 2 clowns again. Have you tried adding more rock/rearranging the rock? People say they have luck with this.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound good... especially when i prefer the smaller one! It's got worse today, seems to be none stop. I have just separated them by putting the larger clown in a plastic see through bag but he is still in the main tank. I presume he will be ok like this for the night?

Even after the dominance has been established, there will always be a lil picking. But the initial bullying should only last a few days me and start to slow down as they establish themselves more. Good luck with them.

Back