Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

GO !!!!!! Go now before the good ones are gone....... lol Love them great sales at the LFS. Ours is having one this weekend also. Their one year anniversary.....

I'm baaaack!

I picked up a little lawnmower blenny, a crocea clam, two peppermint shrimp, two cleaner shrimp, a royal urchin and a longspine urchin!

They are acclimating now. Finally, I can join the urchin club that everyone else seems to be a part of :)

Here are the lucky little critters! I have decided to name the clam Barack Oclama and the blenny Jenny. And the last pic is of the shroom rock that Justin (Mng777777777777......) brought over yesterday. The shrooms still haven't opened up all the way.

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

Great additions, Sarah! I love the royal urchin, it looks wonderful. I almost bought another urchin today (Was debating between a black/white shortspine and a halloween colored-urchin) but decided (Regretfully) that two were more than enough in my 75. Let me know how the longspine does, I really want one but I'm afraid he'll poke my fish & outgrow the tank.

That's a great looking clam, I want one!

Nice additions Biff. You'll love the Urchins. I had a longspine, he poke me a few times when I was cleaning the glass off, my fault. I would love to get another one. Welcome to the Urchin Club !!!!!

Thanks! The longspine is very small -- his body is about the size of a grape. He should do well in my tank for quite a while.

He has wedged himself in a rock, and he is stuck in there. He hasn't moved since I added him to the tank. The other urchin has been slowly scooting along. Hopefully they'll be more active!

Jenny the Blenny has already taken over and is cleaning up the glass for me. Lawnmower blennies are one of the most awesome fish out there!

The peppermints dove into the rocks as soon as I released them and I haven't seen them since. Hopefully they'll come out after lights out. The two cleaners are doing their thing, hanging out around the same rock. So everyone seems to be doing okay.

congrats on your new ads..here in the carribean we have a lot of different kinds of urchins...the problem with them is their appettite..especially coraline...i used to have them on my systems..but the got them all bleched..

Thanks! I got the clam the same day that I got the urchins.

I haven't heard anything bad about the long spines -- I know they get big, but other than size they shouldn't be bad... Their spines are venomous. Maybe that's what he was talking about?

Love the long spine. My LFS said to avoid them. I wonder why? They're cool looking. Is the clam new? LOVE IT!!! :)

Thanks! I got the clam the same day that I got the urchins.

I haven't heard anything bad about the long spines -- I know they get big, but other than size they shouldn't be bad... Their spines are venomous. Maybe that's what he was talking about?
supposedly the long spine urchins are clumsier than the shorter spines ones, and can knock over rocks/corals constantly. Of course you can't always judge from others experiences. I hope you have no problems with yours Biff

Back