air bubble on clown

this is the best shot I could get
DSC01440.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

Its normal. If you have alot of micro bubbles going into your tank, the bubbles will sometimes stick to the clowns. Happens to mine all the time. Looks like ich in a way but when the clowns move aggressively, the bubble come off and float up.

Did he have those white spots when you bought him or did they develop in your tank? Well as long as he is eating, that's a good sign. I guess keep an eye on him for any unusual behavior. Those white patches on his body is something i never seen before so maybe someone here will have an idea what it is.

if you look at the second picture you can see his tank is filled with micro bubbles. are your powerheads pumping out those bubbles? if so i would plud up the air tube hole.

I would search for the source of the microbubbles.Too many microbubbles for long periods can affect gill functions.This is extreme cases but the possibility is there.The bubbles could be sticking to the clown because it might of lost some of its slime coat from being netted or rubbing the rocks or something else.

Where is your skimmer? Hanging from the display tank or do you have it in a sump? Usually, bubbles are caused by the skimmer, but if you have baffles set up in your sump, bubbles might be from another source.

I don't know where the bubbles are coming from.Turn each equipment off,one at a time until you find which one is causing it.Looking at your pictures,the micro-bubbles seems excessive.

i agree with reeffreak. unplug you equipment one at a time. possible huge air bubble in your power head and its chopping it into mico bubbles or a hose has a tiny hole in it sucking in air.

so I fixed the bubbles. One of the sponges in the back wasnt at the right height. now there are barley any bubbles comin out of the powerhead
I looked closer to the stuff. it looks like slimeish stuff on his back and top fin. im going to keep an eye out for him. Im doing a water change tomorrow and I need to pick up some stuff for red alge, what do you suggest. Im going to get another powerhead and where do you suggest placing it.

Back