a thought on live food...

Being able to ensure a proper, healthy diet for an animal is just as important as being able to meet its other needs, like providing a large enough tank for tangs and big fish, or providing sufficient lighting for corals and anemones. I stand by my opinion that if you cannot afford to feed your predators anything but feeder goldfish, you should not have bought that fish in the first place.

I am going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one. I dont know anyone that keeps these fish and feeds them two or three $5 fish a day. I am going to stick with the rosy reds and do what fatman suggested. I also feed them frozen brine and mysis. But to tell someone that they should not have purchased a fish in the first place is just absurd for this reason.

That's fine, I reiterate that I said "if you can't feed anything but feeder goldfish". Variety is good, it's just that I don't think a diet consisting of 100% goldfish is healthy. I have stated in other threads that relying on goldfish won't hurt the fish as long as it's not the only thing in their diet.

Back