A few questions!

Ok, third times a charm I guess! Applied the X and waiting the required 15 mins before filtration.

Got another one for you guys. This is probably due to my noobyness, but I have a sort of light brown gunk on some areas of rock:

20121002_194720.jpg

Is this just algae and I need more snails? Or is it something more sinister?

When you moved everything you probably had a little die off from the move. Its not a big deal. You can and I have taken a power head and blow the rocks off but dont do a lot at one time. will really cloud the water. For the most part you can leave it for the clean up crew to take care of it will go away in a couple of weeks.

What died off? Plankton?
It was all over the sand at one point as well but the crabs/Starfish made short work of it. The snails must be union. lol

Just some surface algae. Coraline algae will turn white or brown if it touches air. It will come back nothing to worry about

Its nice having people to go to...The biggest thing I have found and still have trouble with is leaving the tank alone.

I have the advantage of not being married anymore. :bounce: However I have been late to work because I start staring at the tank...No one to hit me upside the head and reboot.

OK ,after 5 applications I think I killed off all the Anems! The tiny ones were very bright green so I could see them pretty well and there's nothing. :bounce::bounce::^::^:

Ok a new question!

Is there any reason I shouldn't clean off the back wall of my tank? I have seen some tanks totally clean and some with coraline all over the back wall. I'm wanting to do something special with the backdrop of my tank and would need to totally clean it to make it worth it.

Thoughts on the effects of cleaning it and how to go about it?

I think most of us dont bother with the back because 1 we dont look into the tank from that way and 2 its bitch to get to.

There's no harm in cleaning the back glass. But most people have the back covered with rocks, and it can be difficult to maneuver a magnet around back there.

Back