Weirdest Thing You've Found

Bifferwine

I am a girl
Do you have a mystery that needs solving? Did you find something strange in your tank and have no idea where it came from?

I was just mixing up my batch of food for my tank. I mixed together 4 different types of food (krill, mysis, Emerald Entree and plankton) into a cup, added tank water, suck some up in my turkey baster, and in the cup there is a frozen bee-sicle. A large, full-grown bee, all yellow and black striped, frozen in the middle of a cube of food!

WTF? What kind of a joke is this? None of the foods had been tampered with, they were all in individually sealed foil cubes, so NDB can't claim responsibility. I would have taken a picture, but NDB took the camera on his trip with him :(

What is the weirdest non-tank non-ocean thing you've found in your tank?

besides the occasional piece of package peanuts that floats in my tank because it stuck to a shipping bag i havent found anything non tank related in my tank and id like to keep it that way. but i think the real question is you have a camera?

I have found all kinds of insects in my tank, Bees, mosquitoes, some green insect and best of all, a preying mantis (found it in my fuge). I think they love the light.

I've found tweezer's, my key's, test vial's, dog hairs, my own hair and once quater's and nickles. Oh and a few reciepts from the LFS. Does that count?? :)

Did I mention I'm a tad bit on the clumsby side??

Haha one time jack pooped and one of flojos hairs came out, I actually had to reach in and help him get it off because it wouldn't come out and was getting tangled in his fins.

dude, Alex that was a bit much trying to make me picture that.

Biff there are gag gifts you can get where a bee is in a fake ice cube and you put it in someone's drink. Could it have been done to you?

This isn't really all that weird but I have a collection of plastic spoons behind the rocks.I'm not about to pull the rocks out to grab them.Those anthias splashing around freaked me out a few occasions.

I have a collection of lost suction cup seaweed clips. I can't even begin to imagine how many I've lost behind the rocks before I discovered the floating ones.

...There's also a screwdriver back there. I know, I know, METAL! EEK! But I was unscrewing a part of my lights when I dropped it in, and it sank somewhere. The lights were off, so I didn't see where it went. NDB has this kinda telescoping wand thing that's magnetic (for when he fixes cars and loses tools or screws in the engine). I waved it around in the tank a bit, but never found the screwdriver.

Last edited:
Back