water heater question.

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
i want to put my water heater in one of the back chambers? my question is if it touches plastic in the back would it melt it? my little sticky things dont stick anymore an right now its been held by my LR so does it get hot to where it can melt stuff if it was touching.

It all depends on the type of plastic, hard plastic will not melt, but soft plastic will...also like dustin said, as long as it's submerged, it may be ok.

if its submerged it will be ok. After all, you're trying to warm cooler water touching the plasting...i really dont think it will be a problem.

The only time it would get anywhere even close enough to burn is if it were out of water. Same idea as a car engine and a radiator. The engine will heat up waaaaay too hot and the radiator is a form of water cooling the motor, just as your water cools the heater. No worries there because without suction cups there will not be a solid enough contact with the plastic overflow.

The only time it would get anywhere even close enough to burn is if it were out of water. Same idea as a car engine and a radiator. The engine will heat up waaaaay too hot and the radiator is a form of water cooling the motor, just as your water cools the heater. No worries there because without suction cups there will not be a solid enough contact with the plastic overflow.

Car analogies totally lose me :(

Back