The light is finally in!!!!

The rock I have was called Fiji Tatoka by the lfs that sold it to me. It is not common at all I was told, and about one year ago was his first shipment to Canada. Best part is, I really didn't know what I was doing when I drove down to get this. Pickings were getting slim, and I was digging through these two big tanks, picking put pieces I thought were really cool. He took a look at what I was doing and told me I was picking rubble. He apologized about the lack of good stuff left and told me I really had to dig for "diamonds". He dove in for me and helped me pick out 50 lbs of the good stuff, then only charged me 300 for the whole 50lbs. Now 50 lbs of LR at my lfs would have cost about 570, and would not have been as nice as this stuff. It took two full boxes to fit 50lbs in, it is very light and porous. As you can tell I really like the stuff!

Only downside was there was virtually no coralline, and some die-off, but like I said I was at the bottom of the barrel at that point

Last edited:
my 36" nova xtreme has four plugs, one for fan, moonlights, actnics, and daylight bulbs. i have to unplug fan or it will run constantly, so i really just need a timer for it.

This is what I did for now, I have my daylights, actnics, fan and my coralife 2X21 all on one timer. I have my lunars on a separate plug with all my powerheads etc. I'll pick up a seperate timer tomorrow and run the actinics for an hour before and after the daylights

Back