The light is finally in!!!!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I finally got my nova in today, and am anxious to get some corals. Do I need to slowly expose my fish to the new lights? All I have is two clowns, snails and crabs, thats it. Also, should I run my old light with it? The nova is 4X39, and the other is 2X21. Now I gotta figure out a schedule when to run which lights, and when to turn the lunars on! I love new toys!

The lunars stay on all the time, but you only see them when the actinics (blue bulbs) and daylights (white bulbs) are off. You don't need to acclimate your fish to the lights, they'll be fine. If your old light fits on at the same time, then it won't hurt to have extra light.

fish don't care. Corals near the top may need to be moved down for a few days to get used to the heat and light increase. Post pics when you can. Glad for your purchase

-Doc

What an amazing difference, I took some pictures but they don't show it as well. In person it's amazing. I have both the Nova and the corallife t5 2X21 on at the same time, it's nuts! I do notice more of a yellow when I turn on the corallife though, but it does make things even brighter. Only complaint, the fans are noisy, between them and the skimmer my wife is starting to whine that we brought it from the sitting room to the living room. I'll be getting my Green Star Polyp and Pulsing Xenia before the weekend I guess

Ok, here goes, like I said the pics don't do the actual change justice....The first is my 2X21, the second is the nova and the third is both.

TheNewlights009.jpg

TheNewlights008.jpg

TheNewlights007.jpg

mine turn off with the moonlights on. You can really tell a difference from the pics. They look good.

-Doc

If your fans are not turning off with the light,you need to call where ever you got them from.I know thats not what you wanted to hear.But if there is something electrical thats not right,it could be news not only for your tank,but for you.
My Novas fans come on with lights and go off with em.

This is from the FAQ section I found on current USA's website

Q: Why is the fan running all the time, whether the lights are on or off?
A:
The fan for the Nova Extreme uses its own power supply that should be
connected to a timer, preferably to the same timer as the Actinic lamps which
are typically on the longest when running a dawn/dusk type lighting setting.

So I guess this is how they are now, There is 4 plugs for this unit. Thank god, cause I ordered it in the states, got dinged at the border and waited 3 weeks. I really didn't feel like sending it back......​

Just wondering what type of rock you purchased Melonbob, I am going to be purchasing rock soon and am a little lost on what type to purchase. It would be nice to know what "tonga" or "fiji" rock looks like in a tank that is new, as apposed to what it looks like in a snapshot from an online dealer.

Back