suction cups!

tonyg

Reefing newb
Hi folks, I have a tank thats been up for nearly 2 months. Check it out in the tank showcase.

https://www.livingreefs.com/1st-tank-t37957.html

Since the start ive had problems getting suction cups to stick to the glass or back wall which is plastic. I want to use 2 small powerheads and a mini hydrometer that is supposed to stick to the inside of the glass. Ive tried and tried attaching them only to have them fall off within a few hours.I've scraped, I've cleaned, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-TonyG

easiest solution here is going to be using equipment that has magnet mounts and not suction cups. Probably not what you wanted to hear, or the best answer but in my experience as a reefer it just seems to be the best answer

I honestly don't know why they make power heads with suction cups. I have never had any that stayed in place for more than a couple days.

+1 on the magnet mounts.

No glue!!!

I promise at some point you are going to want to move that powerhead, and you will need to take it out and clean it at some point as well, not to mention it will ruin the glass.

Go with the magnet mounts. Trust me. I just had a major tank crash that was precipitated by a sandstorm caused by powerhead suction cups coming loose. Don't make the same mistake I made.....

Back