stupid LFS

IMO the blenny should live, I have a psyche mandarin and scooter dragonet with the dwarf lion and they're fine. I think you're close to maxed out bro, the lion needs lots of food, which =lots of poo.
Wait it out a couple months before adding more fish. That gives you time to research and pick out exactly what you want, and see if your tank can handle the extra load.

i had a question about sumps also... im thinkin of makin my 10 gal i have now to make a sump. My question is how do you know how much space to leave in case of a power outage so the sump doesnt overflow?

I just guesstimated.I allowed 5" for drain back when the pumps off.
But I'm sure there actually way to figure it.

It will drain to the level of the top of the overflow box.
Just fill the display tank full with the sump empty. The shut the power off, where the sump fills to is the amount that you need to stay down from the top of the sump.

The angels not much of a threat to adult shrimp,but the eel and lionfish are another story.Both those can and will munch on shrimp if given the chance.Crabs should be safe,along with the usual CUC critters.

if i get a lionfish, what and how often do they need to be fed? I have heard they need to be fed pretty much everyday and that they are really hard to get to eat.

you can fee them every couple days just think in the wild they prob dont every day sometimes maybe even a week but i would feed every 2-3 days use silver sides and sometimes a goldfish

would a snowflake eel have enough to eat if the lionfish chows down everything? Or would i have to spot feed it? Also, do either of them eat frozen food like mysis or anything like that, the reason im asking is because the only place i could get fish from is the local Walmart where my school is and they only have freshwater fish in terrible water/conditions. I go home on the weekends so i could get feeder fish from my LFS but then it would only eat live fish about once a week.

look into ordering silversides or you may be able to get it when you go home at the lfs there. they may not eat mysis at all they can be picky the other thing you could try is krill

You could feed the lion til he won't eat anymore, then feed the eel. Lions should eat to satiation every 3 days or so from what I've read, and that's the feeding schedule I keep for my fuzzy dwarf. I feed him a mix of raw table shrimp from the supermarket and silversides. goldfish as feeders are not the best food b/c they don't have the omega-3 fatty acids needed in the predator's diet. HTH

Back