Starting over... need some tips

oh I hope he makes it. I can hardly wait to see what evil is lurking in your tank. the suspense is killing me!

AND all my fish! LOL... well... its not funny but...

yea i want to smash whatever little buggar is eating my babies! :grumble: it better jump outta my tank and squirm away where i can't get it... because I WILLLLLLL hurt it! >:C i'm not an animal killer but... :death:

its been about a month since i last added rock, and the rocks i added were cured and didn't even weigh a full pound... they were just for looks :l

but i heard some clicking last night and i'm pretty sure theres a mantis in there... i've got all the little rocks out in another tank and left the big ones i think hes in in my current tank

Yep that's a Mantis. I used to hear the clicking all the time. I would even see him bravely come out of the rockwork from time to time. One day, I traced him back to a rock, took that specific one out in a bucket of saltwater, waited for him to come out and took my rock back, hahah.

Think of it like this Sharkie.Its nature at her finest,predator trapped in a glass box full of free meals:mrgreen:
But yeah,I think you got a mantis too.
Get your camo on young un,its time to go huntin.

Think of it like this Sharkie.Its nature at her finest,predator trapped in a glass box full of free meals:mrgreen:
But yeah,I think you got a mantis too.
Get your camo on young un,its time to go huntin.

LOL well so far i have removed all of the rock i know he CANNOT be in... then... i feel bad for the lil sucker but i went and bought a damsel so there is something for him to "hunt" tonight if hes hungry... there are only 5 rocks in there, he could be in any but the guy at the LFS came here and checked it out and thinks its a mantis too...

and my sister has dubbed my other tank "Hers" lol. shes always wanted one and since i set it up on her dresser because it was "a good spot" (according to her and my parents, lol free SW aquarium for the sibs :p)... so today she went out and actually paid for the sand and all that fun stuff so now shes' waiting to cycle. Kona (the eel) is looking much better since i've moved him out of my tank and i'm not sure if he was just stressed or was feeling hunted... i think the rock the mantis is in is the one he likes to sleep in so i think hes angry lol... we shall see tonight! my man and I are going to stay up and watch, we couldn't find red lights or anything around any of our stores... sooo.... we have our siblings hannah montana 3-d glasses and will be looking through the red side :lol:

i think the real danger will be if those glasses get wet! LOL... you know how those HM fans can get ;)

Get yourself a few frozen silversides.A lot of times,you can wave the silverside next to the holes in the rock,and the mantis will come out to investigate.After that you can actually "train" them to take the offered meal.
I used to keep one in my old 30gal.He would come and take frozen mysis right out of my hand.Sometimes he's sit in my hand and eat.I decided to get rid of him before I got TOO careless with him.

Whats a finger between friends Yote :P

Well,I tend to not want to share my fingers.Especially with their being looked at as food.:helm2:
I seen the damage a mantis can do.I watched mine shatter the end of a turkey baster while I was spot feeding some corals that was in his tank.Didnt want that to happen to my fingers.

yea i dont plan on keeping it when I catch the buggar... it took one of the damsels last night and i'm gonna try a silverside tomorrow >:] i hope i catch this dang thing!

Back