starfish

nope. lets try this one

lettucenudibranch.jpg

-Doc

Nope that's not it DR. It is olive green with only two ears or anteni. moves more like an inch worm than a snail or a slug. I'm trying to find it again to get a pic.
One more, is there such a thing as a half shell snail? Have two hitchhiking snails with what looks like a cap like shell

The half shell snails are stomatellas. They are reef safe and good scavengers. The olive green thing kinda sounds like a sea hare. Google it and see what comes up.

If it doesn't look like a sea hare, it may be a nudibranch. Most nudibranchs are harmful in reef tanks, and if you do see it again, I would catch it, and put it in a tupperware container with some holes punched in it until you can ID it. That way it will stay safe and alive, in case you find out it's something good, but if it's something bad, you can just take it out.

Good idea I will do that. how about the movement? do nudis move more like snails or do they inch around to? The movement is what caught my eye.

I never seen him even close to any coral only on rock and glass. But will not hesitate to remove if any think it will harm any thing.

Back