SPS growth

One of my best growing montis, has receeded and come back 3 times, now 6" across. Started off as a 1" chip 18 months ago. You can see the outline of the original piece on the 1-21 pic (that date is more like july 08 actually)

Here's 1 of the fancy high end corals. Tyree LE Sunset montipora.

When I got it on 4-18-09
sunset_4-18-09.jpg

7-24-09
sunset_7-24-09.jpg

10-27-09
sunset_10-27-09.jpg

1-19-10
sunset_1-19-10.jpg

That really is a sweet looking piece. It is growing very well for you. What's your trick?
Thanks. The only trick is patience. ;) Just keep your water parameters stable in the natural seawater range of 380-440 calcium, 7-10 dKH alk, around 1300 mag and keep your phosphate levels undetectable. I don't do anything special or have any high end equipment.

Great growth and colors cccapt! Mine's lost its orange and is brown, has been since I put it 8" beneath x4 24w T5's. What depth do you grow yours at?

Great growth and colors cccapt! Mine's lost its orange and is brown, has been since I put it 8" beneath x4 24w T5's. What depth do you grow yours at?
It's near the bottom, maybe 5" up off the sandbed.
I have an ATL Superman monti that I put near the top directly under a MH and it browned out on me. I moved it down to about 3" off the sand and it's showing signs of coloring back up now.

Back