so my lion decided to host my clam lol

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

they been like that for about an hour or so and hell do that from time to time the clam doesnt seem to mind it it wont even close

i toiught ths was interesting behavior

well what ive noticed is that when the lam closes it shoots out all the water from the lil thing in the middle thus doing so the lionfish would go flying plus

when clams close they dont juts go FOOM and close like slaming a door but gradually

plus the first whoosh would prob send the lion off it anyways soooo

as long as they seem content i wont bothter it much lol

Nope, I have seen a few pics of fish being killed/trapped by a clam. I looks at it this way, the only coral/animal that should be hosted is an anenome.

Well there are corals, a lot of LPS, that do play a role as host like anemones. There's a shrimp that only has been found in Bubble Coral and was discovered in the 1980's. So an anenome isn't the only host.

Brat's right, there are lots of mutualisms that exist on coral reefs. But SSalty is also right, that anemones are really the only animals that clowns can host without harming them (except maybe some mushrooms and leathers).

well im not saying that its a match made in heaven :D im juts saying its interesting to see the lion resting on the clam without the clam beign defensive:Cheers:

I was reading up on this weird relationship and it's not common but it isn't uncommon for a fish to host with a clam. I was reading about a clown goby who would bite the clam and have it close up on him for protection or something else. The clam was never harmed with the biting and always opened back up with the clown goby unharmed and as happy as can be. The owner watched the goby do this several times and even though the owner thought the clam was being torn, when he went to inspect the clam itlooked perfectly fine. The goby seemed to want the clam to close up around it like it was its bed or something. Really weird and really unusual, but supposedly it hasn't been the first time a clown goby has down this.

I say there are weirder relationships and it's funny to see the two together. Maybe the lion fish goes to the clam for therapy and talks to the clam about how his day was and what's going on and why this weird person keeps looking at him and taking pictures.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Brat;146119]I say there are weirder relationships and it's funny to see the two together. Maybe the lion fish goes to the clam for therapy and talks to the clam about how his day was and what's going on and why this weird person keeps looking at him and taking pictures.[/QUOTE]

Haha:mrgreen:

Hate to get trivial, but a fish doesn't host anything, except maybe parasites. The clam is hosting the lion in your case. An anemone hosts a clown fish.
When you have visitors come to your house, are they the host? Same with the fish, they are being hosted by.........

Hate to get trivial, but a fish doesn't host anything, except maybe parasites. The clam is hosting the lion in your case. An anemone hosts a clown fish.
When you have visitors come to your house, are they the host? Same with the fish, they are being hosted by.........

Haha, good point:Cheers:

Man that's just so wierd. I've been watching this thread for a couple days waiting to hear something bad happened. And well... It hasn't. Some things are so cool and make no sense.

And btw that is definately a massive clam.

Back