Sand in the refugium?

man i've been on here as long as you and biff and i don't have near that many post, even in rc i'm about 2000 post. I should get more post since i have had all my overtime taken away at work cause its like scary slow there. I usually work way to much.

man i've been on here as long as you and biff and i don't have near that many post, even in rc i'm about 2000 post. I should get more post since i have had all my overtime taken away at work cause its like scary slow there. I usually work way to much.

Know how you feel about work D.
If something dont come in by the first of the year,I may get a pink slip mid-jan.

Luckily, I have a small weak one just used for moving water around. I'll put it near the surface; hopefully it won't make a huge disturbance at the bottom.

I was going to do the "opposite" lighting (having the light on down there only at night when the aquarium lights are off; and vice versa when the aquarium lights are on)--I heard this is quite effective. Is 8 hours enough? I just picked up a li'l clip on lamp, 60 watt bulb. It's housing is metal though...think it will corrode in the dampness down there? I have it clamped to the ceiling of the cabinet, about 9 in from the water surface. Anyone have any cheap suggestions (diy lighting maybe?)

For a refugium with macroalgae, having the lights on a reverse cycle from the main tank, or having them on 24 hours a day (like us lazy people do), is ideal. It will help to keep your pH balanced, and 8 hours opposite of the tank lights is fine.

A cheap fuge light is just a regular freshwater strip light you can get from any pet store. Algae does not need a lot of light to grow.

Back