Sand and Auto top off

RevReefer

Living Reefs Supporter
I'm going to need one bag of sand if anybodys got any. I can go get it from he store if nobody has any, just thought I would ask here first. I want the real stuff, no Home depot sand! LOL!

I want a good white sand.

Please let me know if you got any.

Ok plus i need an autotop off unit if anybodies got one for sale.

Last edited:
no kidding donny, Ive seen both there tanks and id like to know what they consider fine! :shock:

:mrgreen: JK guys they dont look to bad! :mrgreen:

silica is a big problem though with what yall are doing. it may work for you, but please dont tell other people that there is nothing wrong with doing it.

Its your basic construction sand so it probably is loaded down with silicates. The major thing I would worry about would be the chemicals seeping out over the years. Everything is fine until that little pocket of prosecuter is released and then it's over. It's desined to kill plants but I would guess a fish or coral living in it wouldn't live very long.

Yes true, but it has :D, How is your cane looking?? Lets go through the facts here :D the tank was set up almost a yr ago soaked in saltwater untill november when I started running the filter and filtered it for almost 2 months before adding two fish the let them set in there for almost a month before adding corals and 3 months later it is doing great housed your corals with no problems :D and now I am transisitioning the switch from the 30 to the 125 I started this morning with the rock that contains one of my buttons, kenya trees, and my GSP. It has begun :D

Last edited:
Back