Rethinking my halides.

Well, that's a 13 page thread that's 2 yrs old and I'm not about to read it all. What do you want to discuss regarding MH lighting? I've been using mh's over my reef for 20 yrs, so I may have an answer if you have a question.

Sorry for the short original post. I am pretty much all set up to run 2x250w and a single 400w halide. Im just thinking, especially after seeing the amazing growth and color in his sps, that I could save myself some money and heat by switching to a 7 or 8 bulb 60" t5 retrofit. I already have one Icecap so all I would need to get would be another 660 and the appropriate endcaps and standoffs. Just trying to figure out how I would like to set things up.

Been in this process so long that now I am totally rethinking all of my options. Probably best to just stick with the halides with vho supplement.

"Probably best to just stick with the halides with vho supplement."

Why not halides with T-5 supplement.
It sounds like you are going to run the same setup that I am doing on my 165. I know one thing. That tank is gonna glow!!!!!

Why over-drive supplemental lighting? basically spend more on bulbs to have them last less time. I got endcaps and standoffs for the vho's with the ballast too.

now I know what rock formation you were basing yours on. You should have just linked to it in that thread. I have T5's and love them, I don't get any extra heat from them and they look cool with many light combinations you can use. I have been next to tanks with halides at the LFS and felt like I was in a sauna. I will never use them.

Back