Reef's 210g. Journal

Male anthias will always pick on the females but not fatally like lyretails.Once a male finds a female he likes,the other turns into male before its brutalize.I don't know how true that is.The female was from Livequaria,they credited me already,no pics,no mailing the dead body back.I do hope the male Purple Queen and Sunsets look good as they do in pics.

I am so excited about how taken you are with those anthias. I have loved them for a long time. I am just now finally able to keep them. FYI, I saw a full grown bicolor in my LFS the other day, WOW, IT WAS MASSIVE and so pretty. Dominick, do you have any?

-Doc

Sadly no Doc,I believe I'm full now.I check online everyday and haven't seen any bicolors in stock ever.It was one of my original choices.Maybe when something dies,I'll consider one.

How big was it?

almost 6 inches. it was incredible. I must have stared at it for 10 minutes. I have to tell you Dominick, I had never seen anything like it before. the tail lobes were just spectacular

-Doc

i don't have room for it unless I move my Regal tang back into my 125. Since the Sohal has taken over, I am afraid he will not let my passive DOry back into the tank. It would push my bioload too much in my 90. If I set up a sump and a good skimmer, i could have two, but I am not into that just yet

-Doc

more of a pink and orange for the bicolors, Dominick.

Redline, I am just running HOB filters and the live rock. No canister for the 90. things seem to be running nicely

-Doc

glad I got mine first and put up pics first.....I mean, glad to hear yours will be coming soon. they are breath-taking fish. Don't be worried when they hide for a few days and stay near the bottom of the tank or in crevices. They come out to feed like Bartletts tho

-Doc

Ummmmm....weren't you suppose to get some good pics of the Purple Queens.All I saw were the ones in the bag.I suppose to be getting a super male and female.The males look wickedly cool and different from the females.

Here is a pic just to get you off my back. It is not very good, but I will post my pics of my purple queens on Dr Marco's Reef Build.

PC080003-1.jpg

-Doc

Nice pic of the Purple Queen Doc

I'm now 17 for 17!:bounce::bounce::bounce:
They didn't send me a male purple queen ''out of stock'' again.I really,really wanted a male.I did get a female,so hopefully it will turn male soon.Also,got 3 sunsets-the females are kinda blah but the male is sharp.I'll get some pics in whenever they decide to come out from the rocks.Oh yeah,I got a super male bartletts(awesome) and another evansi.

If you want a video, stay tuned to Dr Marco's Reef Build for exclusive purple queen anthias. A video will be posted tomorrow of feeding time with them as well

-Doc

Here's some pics to tide you over.The only fish coming out is the Super Male Bartlett and Evansi.The Sunset and Purple are being really shy.Don't pay attention to my hand and camera in the background of one of the pics.Oh and another thing....I hate eggcrate,it has darken my tank.Still trying to figure out an alternative.

2108291.jpg

2108290.jpg

2108288.jpg

2108287.jpg

2108283.jpg

Back