Protein Skimmer

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
My sister just got a skimmer and it's a lot different then the one I have. Its a Visi-Jet-PS it was what she could afford at the time. Anyway does anyone have one or know how to adjust it. I read the directions but I can't get it adjusted right.

Piggy,I didn't want to say it but those skimmers are practically useless.
Aren't those the skimmer that the whole body and pump goes inside the main tank.The only thing I can think of is run it without air injecting or very little air for a while.Increasing the air every few days.Most skimmers need a break in period,usually a couple of weeks.

Exactly what is it doing?.....not foaming/overflowing?

I tryed one od those when I first got into salt water.I finally broke down and bought a seaclone 100.
How ever,I only ever had 2 problems with the visi-jet.It either filled the tank with bubbles,or didnt bubble at all.

I would give it a week or two before it breaks in.If there's a way to reduce the air intake,then try that.Adding some kind of sponge filter like Redline said may help.

Yes we did. Added a few drops of water conditioner. Her reading are doing real good. Everything is almost where they should be.

Water conditioners will screw up your protein skimmer for several days to weeks. Anything that contains aloe, stress coat, or is a tap water conditioner will do it. You might want to switch to RO water if you want to keep your skimmer working in the future.

Back