PC Vrs T5HO Help!

http://shop.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=54241

For the price, if it worked sounds really nice, specially since newer reviews say their materials are much better now.
I have this light on my corner tank and have been very happy with it. It has been running for about 8 months or so and have had no problems. When I hit a year I will probably get a phoenix bulb but have been using the bulb that came with it and everything has been fine so far.

I had read somewhere that people had problems firing the phoenix bulbs using the ballast that comes with the odyssea lights. maybe that's old news though?

Ok, so I spoke with Aquatraders and they won't have the T5 in until April, and the craigslist options died, and my wife has limited my light budget.(We have our 2nd little one due in Feb)

SOOOooo.

I got the 150w MH with 2x14w T5 Actinic's. I went to the LFS and they showed me that a couple of their show tanks from 50g to 250g using MH's. All of which have some amazing looking coral and such. The 250g has 2x150w MH. I didn't buy it from them, and I was able to see the tanks in action so I have more confidence in their recommendations(as opposed to them making money off me) and as long as I can manage the heat I should be good to go.

What I have done to combat the heat is not have a top on the tank and run a small clip on fan . I got the fan from walmart was less then 10 bucks it comes on when the mh does. My tank is a very constant 78 even in the summer.

What I have done to combat the heat is not have a top on the tank and run a small clip on fan . I got the fan from walmart was less then 10 bucks it comes on when the mh does. My tank is a very constant 78 even in the summer.

Yeah this one comes with a fan or two, and I had planned to leave the glass top off.

I cant say that you made a bad choice on the light:D
You'll have plenty of light for anything you want to keep in your tank.

Back