Overflow?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I have looking into a new tank and was reading how Mega Overflows take water from all 3 levels of the tank.

So I looked it up but could not get a picture of it.

I see the intake tubing aka overflow but not the black part that is glued into the tank.

So after seeing all these pipes I got to thinking about the one I have.

It is not exactly like all the Dursi Pipes I see but it seems to work the same way. I usually get the up and down of water in my overflow after a water change for a bit and sometimes I have to wiggle the intake pipes to get the air out before the water flows again into the sump.

The other day I was like, well if the power goes out my return pump will burn out so after my water change I decided to see if it ever started eventually and yes it did but it took a good minute or so. Not enough to burn the pump but if that is the case every time I would be ok so I will be letting it go again on the next water change as well.

Back to the intake pipe.

I have attached my diagram of what I have now. You can see the water line is always at the hole drilled in the pipe if not slightly above it at times.

Any reason I should change the design? It is not really noisy that I can tell but does not look exactly like the others I see.

Attachments

• My-Overflow.webp
    My-Overflow.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 208
Right at the water line? It should be below the water line, then break when the water level goes to that point. And if your worried about it starting back up, attach a Aqua Lifter pump to the system. You'll drill a hole in top of you pipe, add a nipple and attach the lifter pump. This will automatically suck air out of the line and start the syphon when you have a power failure.

Back