New Tank

Thanks hawks, yeah i love that rock, i was really surprised when i found out

so since i have a little bit of brown algae growing on the side of the tank near the sandbed, and a little bit of green algae on the rocks, do you think ill be ready for a few cleaners?

what should my levels be at right after my cycle?

I must agree with Biff on this one.... Snails are basically a booger in a shell that lives in the ocean, it doesn't take much to dry out a booger let alone a little slimy snail (AKA letting your salanity get too high). BTW David that rock on the right side of you tank is wicked.
hmmm well then i have a secret for you.... ready?..... I HAVE A SUPER SNAIL! he went to Vietnam so understandably he is a really tough dude :helm2:

If there is brown and green algae your near the end of your cycle. I would go ahead and add a tester cleaner crew. Nothing too expensive and nothing you wouldnt want too keep long term.

im really getting into an algae bloom right now. this a good thing? just about all brown algae, almost doubled during the day. im planning on getting some cleaners in a couple of days. good idea?

Algae blooms are normal for a new tank. As your tank matures they will become more infrequent. Add a cleaner crew for now, test your water parameters. You want to keep nitrates and phosphates as low as possible. It may help to decrease your photoperiod if it gets really bad. Also, don't overfeed.

go with a small crew, a few astria snails and a few blue-legged hermits, like 5 of each. See how they do. drop in a pinch of food every other day and watch them for a couple of weeks. Good Luck.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Just remember not to get in a hurry.You might want to test ammonia,nitrite,and nitrate every 2 or 3 days,It never hurts to be over cautious.
I would also go ahead and double up on the asterias.

Back