new tank

Thats a deep tank so actually MH would be a better choice.Most of the light demanding corals such as the SPS corals and some clams will need to be about half way up or higher.Anemones will need a lot of light as well and they will move around.The Nova will be fine with soft,LPS,SPS high up,clams and BTA anemones.If you want unlimited placement then look into at least 2x250w. MH with T5 supplements.The Current Outer Orbit comes to mine.I have to warn you there a big jump in price over the Nova Pro.

Outer Orbit Pro Series 10,000K HQI and HO T5 Aquarium Lighting Systems - 250W | Metal Halide Lighting | Lighting Systems | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

wow!...I think those are out of my league at this point. I'll place the few things that need the most light up a little higher in the tank, if you think the nova's will be ok.

Sure as long as the most light demanding corals are higher up.You can't really do anything about anemones though.They move around to where ever they like.

T5s really only penetrate down to 18" effectively. Anything deeper than that and I recommend halides. And halides are nearly twice the cost of T5s made for similar sized tanks. That's the downside of tall tanks like the one you have.

I would say definitely hold off on anemones and light intensive corals if you are going to go with T5s.

yea I think I'll take your advice...the place is supposed to be having a huge sale in April so I will try to get them then. Does that look like a reasonable price though?

Back