New powerhead

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Where should I put it? I have a hob filter on the right hand side of my tank, and on the left corner I have a MJ 900 pointed straght forward. I just bought a koralia 1 and not sure where to point it/place it? Heres a pic

FrogspawnandAlgae012.jpg

Thanks for the input!

I would move the HOB filter and heater over (if possible) and put the new PH in the corner, pointed towards the center of the front glass.

No room, the hob goes from the corner to the centre brace, tight on each side. I was looking at either the back centre pointed in one direction, or the front corners. I don't want to blast my frogspawn though

I'd start with it in the either the other back corner or the on the side.You'll have to play with it some to find the sweet spot anyway.

I would put it on the right-side glass.Several inches under the water to ripple to surface.

Yup, me too.

Or, put the MJ900 on the right side glass and install a Hydor rotating head. Put the new Koralia where the MJ is right now and point it either straight out or at an angle to bounce off the front glass right in the center of the tank.

Ok, is there a chance there is too much flow between my two powerheads and my HOB? Right now I put the deflector on the mj, pointed down towards the rock, as I have an algae problem there. The Koralia it dead centre of the tank, pointed slightly left and rippling the surface. The HOB is on the right moving water straight out. This is the only setup I can get that doesn't blast the crap out of the right side of the tank, which has my frogspawn, colt, and anthilias.

Is your sand still on the bottom?
As long as its not blowing directly on your corals,and the sand is still on the bottom,then you dont have to much flow.

Back