new adds, gsp placement, and snail id

poolshark181

Reefing newb
hey guys, i need some help placing my gsp. i put it on a rock and then stuck the rock ontop of the intake of my powerhead. will this beok or should i find a more suitable home for it? also, what's this snail?

P1050026.jpg

P1050027.jpg

That snail is a welk.Get rid of it and keep an out for more.They are know coral predators.

To my way of thinking,your GSP should be fine right there.As long as they dont cover your powerhead and restrict its flow.

nice, thanks. it was hitchhiking on a zoanthid frag i just bought. the frag also had alot of bubble algae on it, but i manually cut them out with a toothpick before i acclimated it. the snail was crawling on the bag after acclimation and i was about to put the frag in my tank.

really? i kind of like it, maybe ill make a gsp substrate, although i remember seeing something about a zoanthid substrate, that would be awesome!

I have GSP in every tank I own. I like to find a corner it can take over and I use joe's juice to make a barrier line to keep it from spreading where I do not like it. It is a great coral and really like it. Don't keep it on the top of the tank, they like lower light and mild flow. Put it on a rock on the sand bed and place other rocks around it in an island you want to be covered in green in about 6 months

-Doc

Back