new 60 cube?

chichimom79

reef junkie
So I just got off of the phone with a guy selling his 60 cube, which he calls a 65(which is correct? It's a 24x24x24) and I think I am going to buy it. Seems like a good deal, what do you guys think? Ad says: 65 gallon cube saltwater aquarium with overflow and sump. 250 watt HQI light. Sump light, protein skimmer, and heater. High flow return pump. This is a complete setup for anyone looking to get into saltwater.$700 O.B.O.

13824 in³ = 59.8441 gal(US Liq), so it's a 60 cube.

If it comes with a stand/canopy that's a pretty good price

Standard 60 cube runs $250 at my LFS, without a stand, sump, or lighting - I'd say as long as the glass isnt scracthed - that's a pretty dang good price

Also, is it safe to put this tank in the same room with my computers? The room is kind of small. Will the humidity be a factor there you think?

No, you'll be fine. Just make sure everything that plugs into an outlet (that includes USB ports for mouses, keyboards, etc...) has a drip loop so if you get any condensation or spill anything, it won't run inside any electrical outlets.

I'd say that's a really good deal. The light is probably worth half that, then the tank is the other half. Do you know if it has T5HO's in the pendant, too? You could make a really good light combo with a 14,000K Halide bulb and 2-4 ATI 24" Blue/Purple Plus bulbs.

I went to look at this aquarium today. I asked him to let me see it while it was still running so I was assured it didn't leak. He has let it get in pretty bad shape but I think it will clean up well. He had his roommate show me the tank as he had big Friday night plans, so I was unable to ask him about why the protein skimmer wasn't running, or anything else for that matter. I wouldn't be irritated if I wasn't so damn anxious to get this tank bought, brought home, and cycling. :grumble:

That's messed up. If you're selling something then you should be there to talk to the person who is buying it...or figure out a better time. Just my opinion. That stinks he wasnt there for you to talk to.

If it's like the set up I just bought the pump is probally a goner. Easy fix a new maxi jet 1200 did the trick for me. Hope everything goes well with the tank.

Back