My first saltwater aquarium. 14g BioCube.

color_copies

Reefing newb
Hello all,

Below are photos of my first saltwater aquarium, Its a 14 gallon biocube. I just finished putting it all together little over an hour ago, so there are no corals or fish yet, just sand and rocks right now, gotta wait for the cycle to finish. Right now its the basics, but i will be updating when major changes occur. I am 100% open to all comments and criticisms, after all this is my first saltwater aquarium and my knowledge is very limited.

Lets begin

The Aquarium
Coralife BioCube 14 gallon
2012-10-02180737.jpg

2012-10-02223747.jpg

The Powerheads
Hydor Koralia 425GPH
2012-10-02202128.jpg

The Heater
AquaVia 50 Watt
2012-10-02202149.jpg

The Thermometer
2012-10-02212108.jpg

Light Timer
2012-10-02181945.jpg

Refractometer
MarineDepot.com Brand
2012-10-02202203.jpg

MarineDepot.com free T-Shirt
2012-10-02215335.jpg

Great setup, looks like you did some research, some nice goodies you got there! Looking forward to your tank!

Might be a little much, but I would test it out and see how it works. Along with the return, you're probably at about 75x turnover with the two Hydors. You can always point one against some glass to lessen the flow a bit. Try some different configurations and see how it works out. If necessary, remove one and you have a free powerhead to use when mixing water.

Might be a little much, but I would test it out and see how it works. Along with the return, you're probably at about 75x turnover with the two Hydors. You can always point one against some glass to lessen the flow a bit. Try some different configurations and see how it works out. If necessary, remove one and you have a free powerhead to use when mixing water.
Im going to remove one once the tank is fully cycled. I just didnt want too much of a current for small fish.

Says - "PhotoBucket - sorry this person moved or deleted this image"

You can upload images directly to the forums by clicking User CP at the top of the screen and then clicking on Pictures & Albums on the left hand side then create an album

well the photos wont show but the seed like things could be eggs. so your shrimp may be preggers. Photos would confirm this if they worked. hopefully you can get them to work so we can truly id what it is. But I'm betting its just egg clutches.

Back