Mushroom's

Shrooms will do that.I've got a couple that are way back under the rock,but they've been there for a year and are always opened up.

I have tons of shrooms that have floated to the back of the tank and are thriving in the darkest areas of my tank. I've tried fishing them out and putting them where I want them (even supergluing them down to the rocks where I want them), but usually the effort is futile -- they'll go wherever they damn well please, and not even Krazy Glue will stop them.

I had one getting too big and starting to block another coral so I decided it was time to try my hand at the ol' mushroom propagation routine. I found a page on GARF that made it sound soooooo easy. Just grab it with the forceps near the base and in a rolling manner, peel it off the rock. I think he was on exctasy when he wrote that. I destroyed it. The moment I applied any pressure with the forceps to the stalk, it shriveled and started oozing mucus. I ripped it from it's place in about three or four pieces and I placed them into the cup I prepared for the frags. Ha, more like shreds. I feel bad for the little shroom, but it had to go. I have read that they grow from almost nothing and can survive some pretty nasty abuse. I guess we'll see. I would definately recomend using a razor to remove it from the rock over forceps. I don't see any way they would ever work without destroying the creature. I really hope my shroom pieces survive the trauma they have just endured...

Back