Looking for a book

BL1

So, I'm about to place my order for The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, and I came across this book
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_lrg_images/719/30374719.jpg I wanted to see if anyone here has that book, and if it's worth buying. It's like $6 on the website, so I figured I'd get it since it's just about clownfish, and that will be my first fish. If not, would these books be a better to learn about fish, inverts, and possibly coral? Thanks!

Attachments

• lg-29757-39815-fish-book.webp
    lg-29757-39815-fish-book.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 294
That marine fish book is one that all 3 of my lfs use so i bet its one of the better books out ther. I recommend if your going to get corals this book is amazing
Coral%20-%20A%20Quick%20Reference%20Guide%20by%20Julian%20Sprung.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend the Marine Fishes and Marine Invertebrates books. Both of those are totally awesome and very helpful. I own both of them.

Biff, I saw you and Dennis recommend those books in another thread, that's why I added them. I really wanted to find out about the Clown book but, I ended up buying it anyway though because it was only $6 so I figured why not.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your question :( I'm not familiar with that clown book, but the Barron's books are a pretty popular series and usually give a good overview.

No, you were fine, I was asking about those books as well I mainly wanted to know about the clown one but, any and all book suggestions are welcome.

ltljoker, I found that book on Barnes&Noble and almost :pooh: myself when it said $97 for a used copy. I did find it on MarineDepot though after some searching and just bought it for $32 ... I'm much happier with that price. So... now I have 5 books on the way and I'll have to find time somewhere to read them :ugh:

there's some website I always get to, not sure of the name but, the new book at Marine Depot was cheaper than the used ones at Amazon

A bargain hunter is not a bad trait to have sometimes *L* Good pickups! Sometimes your local library will carry some of those books, so you can try before you buy, in some cases.

In my opinion, most of what you need to know can be found on the internet. That said, I like to have books around the house to flip through. My favorite so far is:

2495d1245249123-ideal-books-reef-keepers-6.jpg

The reason I tend to like books better is because I have a source in front of me where I can find a lot of the information I'm looking for. As opposed to the Internet where I either have to do a search and wade through many garbage filled websites and others that include peoples opinions when, they have no idea what they're talking about. I along with many others have been pretty fortunate finding this website however.

Back