looking an acrlyic tank

jaacobbb

Reefing newb
I've been looking to buy a saltwater tank and so far i like the biocube by oceanic reason why is i like it because it's a nice acrlyic tank but, the lights from what i've heard are weak and I didnt know if acrylic tanks are that much clearer and benifical as they say and would a glass tank be just as good. jbj so far looks the best so far but i like the biocube tank.

Glass all the way!!

And don't buy some pre-fabbed POS. You know there is always something that sucks about them. Weather it's the lights or the filter or BOTH. Why bother paying an arm and a leg for something that you already know won't work?

Get a glass tank and put a sump/refugium under the stand or get a HOB refugium. Customize it yourself. You'll be happier and more successful in the long run.

...and they cost more, are heavier, warp in some places, etc...go with a glass tank:D

glass is not heavier it is lighter because it is made out of thinner acrylic than glass of the same size tank. but they scrach easy. i have has a acrylic tank and will never have one again

glass is not heavier it is lighter because it is made out of thinner acrylic than glass of the same size tank. but they scrach easy. i have has a acrylic tank and will never have one again

That is what I had said, acrylics are heavier,cost more, and tend to warp.

Avoid acrylic when possibly. JBJ nano cube makes a glass tank that looks almost exactly like the biocube. They lighting in the JBJ's are very good and you can keep most corals in them.

and yes glass is by far heavier.

There are many reasons one might choose Acrylic over Glass. Cost, style, clarity, weight, etc...

I would not put limitations on the tank you might be interested in because it was acrylic or glass. I have one of each and there are many advantages of both. :twocents:

Last edited:
Back