Live Rock ?

LionFish

Resident Photoshopper
at a LFS i go to the manager said that he could get me some Live rock for 7.00 a Lb this is already Cured rock Infact he stated that it has been in a Tank of his for over 8 Years

Is that a Good Price ?
How much Should I get? I already have 6 lbs or so of lace rock
Will the lace rock be a good bace !

Yes lace is a good base rock. 7.00 is high for around here but that might be a good price for around you. Just shop around and see what the going rate is.
Most live rock here runs 5 a LBS and you can catch it on sale everynow and then for 3.50 a lbs

I think it is a lil high but i wasn't shure oh well its cured tho i guess that adds a few bucks Ill make shure to pick nice ones with polyps on them !

$7.00lb. is not bad at all.Around here $7 only buys you the cheapest live rock here.If its been in there system for 8yrs,it should be have very high coralline coverage.

WOW you guys got high priced rock. My LFS has some really nice figi that is cured with tons of hitchhikers and coraline for 5.00 a LBS and puts it on sale from time to time for 3.50 a lbs.

I am with you bobby, Here in Utah, LR is about 4.99 a lb cured for Figi rock. Shoot, I should go into business selling it to you folks who are paying $10 a lb and make a killing...snicker, snicker.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

pretty weird that its that much of a difference in the same place though, wonder how they get business when the competition blows them outta the water

bobby you need to come back up here and visit i know someone here in town that sells some of that homemade rock for 1.50 a pound to anyone in town or in rc SLASH club. I got 15 pounds and this stuff is lightweight so i got alot.

I like that homemade stuff you can get all kinds of designs. I tried making it once but used the wrong cement and had to thow it out because it kept leaching.

Back