Lights evaporating a gallon 1/2 a day what to do?

Denita

Sail em & Sell em
I have 2 250 watt HID ballasts on my new tank I just purchased we got a RO water system with it but as of now I dont have it hooked up, I am wondering What would be the best but inexpensive way to build some fans or chillers for the lights??

Also anyone know how to hook up a RO water system and feel like explaning it to me?

As of now I am running my lights on 4hrs off 3 throught out the day to keep the heat down a little but still loosing alot of water

A lot of people just use clip-on fans mounted on the rim of the tank, blowing air across the surface of the water.

RO systems are easy to hook up. Places like The Filter Guys have everything you need in kit form. Once you are making water, you can set up a simple auto top-off next to your tank with any old container that can hold water, and a simple top off setup from AutoTopoff.com. There's lots of options and ways to set it up, just depends what you want to do and how much you are willing to spend.

i have the same problem... about a half gallon a day... FROM MY TEN GALLON haha. consider yourself lucky my friend... if you cant be around regularly to top off id get an ATO system as well.
ill be investing in 3 of them very soon actually, topping up 3 different sized tanks is getting really annoying

Back