Lighting

OK so i was able to talk the guy down to 75$ for the light and bulbs. My next question is. What kinda coral should i start out with?

What exactly is Lps?SpS?Frag?

Last edited:
OK so i was able to talk the guy down to 75$ for the light and bulbs. My next question is. What kinda coral should i start out with?

What exactly is Lps?SpS?Frag?

All soft corals.Zooanthids,leathers,stuff like that.LPS would be fine also.Dont know that I'd try SPS with it.

LPS=Large polyp stony.Things like Hammer corals,frogspawns,brain corals.

SPS=Small polyp stony.Things like Acropora,montipora.

Frag=Fragment.

So what exactly is a frag? Just a piece of coral u put in the tank that will later become a bigger piece?

Pretty much.
Think of a frag as just a baby coral that you've got to love and care for untill its grown and starts bleeding you dry.
OOPPs,Got corals mixed up with my kids for a minute:mrgreen:

Ok soooo i still can't decide on what to get first. The wife suprised me tonight with my first fish since i got rid of the puffer. Spotted Mandarin. I'm guessing i'm gonna have to buy a bottle of copepods to get the population started.

See if the mandarin is eating frozen food. If it will take frozen food, you're golden. If it won't, then you're screwed. More like, the fish is screwed, and you should take it back to the store. They rarely survive in tanks that are less than a year old. It will eat the bottle of pods in no time since they scavenge non stop.

Back