Is this bad?

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
001_885314.JPG

i know it's hard to see but that white thing growing is it bad?

Looks like aiptasia to me.

They can sting your corals and fish,and multiply like rabbits.
So that being said,Some people like em,others eradicate(sp?) with extreme prejudice.

There are several ways,
But IMO the easiest is just to get a couple of pepperment shrimp.But you can inject it with Joe's Juice,lemon juice,make a paste out of kalkwaisser and smear it over the aipt.

Looks more like a tenticles to me.
Underwater,Dont do anything untill your sure of what it is.
See if you can get a clearer pic of it.

Well,
The first thing I would do,Is double check just to make sure its not a feather duster.
Go a head and add a pepperment or 2,Wont hurt anything as long as your tanks cycled.The if your hitch hiker turns out to be aiptasia and the pepperments dont eat it.Get some kalkwassier powder and make a paste out it,then smear the paste over the aiptasia.

It looks like aiptasia to me also.If you try peppermints give them some time to get the job done.

How do you tell if its a feather duster?Er...it has a crown of what looks like feathers.

I say that's aiptasia. I don't know WHAT Ad is looking at, but that looks WAAAAY more like aiptasia than a feather duster!

Are the tentacles clearish? Or solid white? If they're clearish, KILL IT! Get rid of that aiptasia before it spreads out of control... Like in Redline's tank... Once you get many of them, they can be really difficult to get rid of.

I found one in my tank on one of my new live rocks last week. I killed it using kalk paste. Here are pictures of me doing away with the creep!

091507016.jpg

091507020.jpg

Back