Is it time to add something????

It's been going since Nov. 1st. I started with live rock and live sand. My numbers have been good. I've been told that since I started with all live stuff my tank may not go through a real cycle.

Here's my blog:

www.catherinethereefkeeper.blogspot.com

It's true you may not have much of a cycle, but I'm sure you'll have some form of it. I'd say your ready for at least a fish though, and you've been given some very good chioces. The blue spotted jawfish is REALLY cool to me, but way out of my price range. Around here you can't get one for under $100. Most of the time it's more like $120 or so.

It's true you may not have much of a cycle, but I'm sure you'll have some form of it. I'd say your ready for at least a fish though, and you've been given some very good chioces. The blue spotted jawfish is REALLY cool to me, but way out of my price range. Around here you can't get one for under $100. Most of the time it's more like $120 or so.

Thanks! Since I have a small aquarium I can invest more in my fish than if I had a bigger tank. I'm going to start supplements as mentioned on GARF and I want to do that for a while before I put a fish or coral in there. I'm having a lot of fun just watching the crabs and snails. I appreciate your input on the jawfish!

Catherine

Thanks dustin_p74! I totally didn't think about that. Here's what I ordered:
Reef Plus
Reef Complete
Reef Calcium
Reef Advantage Calcium
Reef Builder

I'll check for calcium but I don't know what's in the rest of it. I'll make sure my test kits will monitor the levels of whatever is in it though.

thanks for looking out for me!

Catherine

I've used all of those product at one time or other. They are good. You did very good with that. Just read each one because they all will do the same stuff to some extent.

A rule of thumb is "If you can't test for it, you shouldn't use it".

What those place into the water are these things:

1. Calcium
2. Alk
3.Magnesium
4.Strontium

All thing you can buy test kit's for. Just becareful not to add some two different one's that both add the same thing or you'll double that chemical up. I think the Reef Plus might add Iodine, but not sure haven't used it in years, either way use can test for it to.

Thanks, I've been reading the GARF site. I just realized that their name is FRAG backwards, duh. Anyway, that's what they recommended.

Catherine

Ive been looking at getting a bluespot jawfish since I started this hobby, IMO that wouldnt be my first fish, let your tank mature a little more before grabbing that one. Get something a little more wallet friendly to test out your tanks nitrogen capacity.

Back