I'm a sucker

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Just posted the pic/video on my build thread, but here they are again...I ended up getting the chromis even though I had decided not to hehehhe. My lfs didn't have much livestock left, and I really wanted to add something. They had 3 small chromis, and despite the bad luck many of you have had, I went ahead and risked it.

Too bad my daughter already named one!! :frustrat: I had to warn her of the perils of chromis ownership -- they they are prone to killing each other, so not to get too attached yet...hehehe.

Their bag is clamped onto the sump side. Doing drip acclimating, and at least this helps match the temp.
DSC04905.jpg

One shot of the 3 of them in the bag
DSC04903.jpg

I only got one shot of one of the chromis.
DSC04908.jpg

How big (or small) are this little buggers? I think they're cute. I might have to get one for my 30g display but only if they can be found small so there's plenty of time for them to grow before my next upgrade.

Yeah, I figured...but they only had one large chromis, so I opted for the 3 small ones and try my luck with them. They are eating well so far...I noticed they spit out the mysis, but did gobble up the spirulina like there's no tomorrow.

I think that is cool, having a shoal swimming around the tank. Good thinking on giving the straggler a nudge to get him in line...I'm gonna have to remember that. Good luck with 'em

These guys are voracious eaters!! I'm used to feeding my 3 other fish once a day...my LFS told me to feed these guys twice a day. So I got these.New Life Spectrum Thera A pellets for them. At first, they tried to gobble them up, but I noticed they spit it out. So I started grinding them up, and voila! Gobbled it all up...and at night, They much off the frozen foods I normally feed.

Since they're still small, should I stick to feeding twice a day? How long before you guys who had bad luck with them fighting, did you notice them start to do dominance struggles?

Nah, you're not a sucker, they're just cute fish, IMO. I've had 2 trios at one point in my tank. The first trio were named Larry, Curly, and Mo, and the other trio were named Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. *L* They have such funny little personalities!

Nah, you're not a sucker, they're just cute fish, IMO. I've had 2 trios at one point in my tank. The first trio were named Larry, Curly, and Mo, and the other trio were named Hewey, Dewey, and Louie. *L* They have such funny little personalities!

OMG when my daughter was trying to name them, I suggested the 3 stooges! LOL

Back