if u have a clown fish look at it!!!!!

nudy6969

RUSTYS BROWN DOUGHNUT
does it appear to have its jaw bones sticking out quite a lot. cuz my clown does, its jaw stick out alot, i think it has a eating disorder.

got them

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

Sorry but i can't tell anything from those pics. If i had to guess, i would say he looks normal but those pics are really hard to tell.

my clowns aren't eating much either. I was told they can live up to 12 days without eating which makes me feel better, but I still want them to eat. I am not sure exactly how much they should eat at each feeding time.

Clowns are always on the lookout for food. If they are not stressed, they spend most their time searching for food. How long have you had your clowns?

They can sometimes live even longer than 12 days without food. One of my clowns had an internal parasite and didnt eat anything for two weeks. On the 14th day or say she finally ate and recovered :)

Last edited:
My female clown has a gill that sticks out more than the other for 3 years now. I think it was an injury in the past with mine. If it won't eat soak some mysis shrimp in garlic. It may have some kind of gill parasite.

I have 2 Ocellaris Clowns and besides feeding them mysis shrimp, i also give them some of my left over Damsel fish food, the sinking pellet kind. They seem to really love it and cant get enough of it when i put it into the tank. Even my Tangs are eating it now.

had it for 2 days

2 days might still not be enough. Give it a few more days and he might eat.

Unfortunately, i have no clue what the jaw bones sticking out is all about. Like freak said, if you're smoking some of the good stuff, let me know what it is, i want some too.:Cheers:

Maybe you need to take the fish to an orthopedic or something...

When you bought it did you ask what they feed it? I'll buy the same food when I get a new fish. It seems to work.

Back