ich....

last night i saw that two of my fish had ich..and i read that if you dip them in freshwater...it would help well i did it and wend i got up the next day the ich was gone...there eating ....and it looks like it work...

Not completely gone, freshwater dips will clear some ofthe visible parasites on the body, but your tank will still have ich, it will be normal if you dont QT when you add things. Your fish will most likely handle it themselves, especially if they are eating well.

Also for some reason the ich parasite is not as visible in the morning and also looks much worse later in the day when the lights have been on all day. I have forgotten the scientific reason for this but there is one. I know when my fish had it, it always looked like it was clearing up in the mornings, but by evening the fish looked like hell again.

I think ich is always present. After my first experience, and losing all but 1 fish I left my tank dormant for 8 weeks. Then I bought new fish, QT'd them in copper things were going very well. Then I bought a tang followed the QT procedures he looked great, added him to the DT and 3 weeks later he's got ich. I'll notice a spot or two every so often, but he seems to be able to fight it off and is happy and healthy otherwise.

I think ich is always present. After my first experience, and losing all but 1 fish I left my tank dormant for 8 weeks. Then I bought new fish, QT'd them in copper things were going very well. Then I bought a tang followed the QT procedures he looked great, added him to the DT and 3 weeks later he's got ich. I'll notice a spot or two every so often, but he seems to be able to fight it off and is happy and healthy otherwise.
Not true,you missed something.... someway , somhow, a step was missed .
FW dips have a way of making you feel better but they do not kill ich completely.Spoken from experience.

Back